Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tire Aesthetic Design



Recently, I have been working on a research paper for tire aesthetics, and tire is quite a paradox component in the entire automobile. I had been wondering about when i started to write the paper from which part of it should be started , writing the abstract. And the fact is that Im still doing the research, during this I found tire being a black component cannot speak to show up, like it becomes blind or invisible or anyone hardly notices it. I was wondering ever this black component can talk or say or even evoke emotion?? And the answer to my reasearch is yes. I worked different things which usually give enhancement to the other products such as color, graphics, Typography, emboss etc.
All these features can be futher enhanced or categorised. One particular thing which i would like to mention apart from the sidewall design is the tread pattern of the tire. Today the world is going on advanced modes and so are the products, the tire. Trying embedd emotional design through various aspects. Evoke kind of emotion which can really be saying a wow factor, universal design pattern for motorcycles and cars; Graffiti, which can be played with different styles and showing attitudes of the tire itself. Color is different story all together when it comes to tires. Its not so easy to put color on the tire which could possibly destroy its functional qualities. But, as technology is enhancing i guess there will be a day I shall play with colors on the tires and I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: